Applicants will be notified of acceptance/rejection by 6 June, 2022. See timeline for details.
As part of our commitment to the Python community, we are pleased to offer grants for people in need of financial support to attend EuroPython.
You’ll find all the information you need to apply for such a grant on this page.
The EuroPython Society are sponsoring financial aid with €20,000 this year.
You can apply for three different types of grants:
- Free ticket. Get a standard ticket to the conference for free.
- Travel / Accommodation. We will reimburse travel and/or accommodation costs up to €400.
- Visa Application Fee. Get reimbursed for the costs of a single entry visa to Ireland (€60).
Our grants are open to everyone in need of financial support to participate in EuroPython. We will look at the following criteria to help decide who qualifies for a grant:
- Contributors: We want to support those who make the Python community a positive, inclusive and welcoming space. We welcome grant applications from folks who need financial support and who clearly put effort into the community and EuroPython, including speakers, volunteers, community organizers, and open-source contributors.
- Economic factors: Everyone should have a chance to attend EuroPython, regardless of their economic situation.
- Diversity: We want EuroPython to be the most diverse and inclusive event possible, and we especially want to help those from under-represented groups in tech feel welcomed, be present in and contribute to our community.
- 8 March (2022-03-08) - Applications for Financial Aid open
- 23 May (2022-05-23) - Deadline for submitting an application
- 6 June (2022-06-07) - Applicants will be notified of acceptance/rejection
- 13 June (2022-06-14) - Deadline for applicants to accept the grant
- 24 July (2022-07-24) - Deadline to submit invoices/receipts
You will receive an individual voucher code that you can use to buy a regular conference ticket for free.
If you received a travel/accommodation grant or a visa grant, you will be reimbursed after the conference via PayPal or bank transfer. Do note that we can only reimburse you after we’ve received your receipts/invoices and a photo of your conference badge.
In addition, please take pay attention to the following:
- The total combined travel/accommodation grant cannot exceed €400.
- If you’ve been offered a grant, you need to accept the grant by 13 June 2022.
- Reimbursements will be made after the conference via PayPal or bank transfer. It’s not possible to be reimbursed before the conference or by other means, such as cash.
- Reimbursements will only be made after we’ve received your travel/accommodation receipts/invoices. The deadline to submit your receipts/invoices is 24 July 2022.
- Please make sure that your receipts/invoices contain the information necessary for us to validate them. At the very least, they should contain your name, the date, the amount, and specify what the receipt/invoice is for.
- Reimbursements will only be made to individuals who actually attended the conference. Please include a photo of your conference badge with your receipts/invoices.
- Please consider the risk of the travel restrictions: choose flexible booking options that allow you to cancel in case you can’t actually make it to the conference.
- Grants cannot be transferred to other individuals.
- If you’ve applied for a grant or accepted a grant, but cannot make it to the conference, please contact us at email@example.com so we can allocate the funds to someone else.
If you want to support EuroPython and its efforts to make EuroPython accessible to everyone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at EuroPython in Dublin!