EuroPython is organized and run by volunteers from the Python community, but we're only a few and need your help to make the show run as smoothly as possible, so we'd appreciate more help from the EuroPython attendees, if possible.
This page explains some of the tasks we have available for you.
Being a volunteer means to give your time for free, without expecting anything back, just for the pleasure of being a part of this amazing conference.
In return, we will have a small number of perks for you, some small gifts to say "thank you" for your time and for your help.
- To enter the conference you need a ticket
- Yo can sign up to any tasks on our Volunteer App before you have bought a ticket
- You will not earn a ticket for being a volunteer
- Fill this form and we will contact and onboard you. https://forms.gle/Y472nH5m8ZRWpbVP8
- If you want to save some time you can:
- Sign up to the Europython Volunteers discord server. (The link is in our Operations Spreadsheet)
- Please say hello and introduce yourself in #onsite-volunteers channel. Thanks <3
- If you have any problem with the process please email email@example.com or find a volunteer fellow in the venue.
- Get an awesome EuroPython Volunteer T-Shirt that you can keep and show off to your friends and a mention on the website to stay there forever :-) (1 slot activity)
- A special group photo with all volunteers (1 slot activity; time will be announced on the #onsite-volunteers)
- Hand out registration badges
- Check student IDs
- Register On-Desk tickets and day passes
- Answer general questions
- This job involves a lot of talking
- Help speakers in preparing their notebooks for the talks
- Introduce the speakers to the audience
- Signal time left to the speakers
- Make sure talks are finished on time
- Moderate Q&A session and help with passing around microphones and introduce remote attendees.
- This job involves speaking in front of people, moderation, and walking with a microphone
- Hand out the conference T-shirt
- This job involves standing and lifting light items
- Helping hands are needed to set up the stage before the conference starts (Monday morning)
- Also on the last day (Friday afternoon for the main conference, Sunday for the sprints) to clear up the venue afterwards
- This job involves walking and carrying items