- Wicklow Hall 1
- Start (Dublin time):
- Start (your time):
- 45 minutes
Python has a full set of tools for asynchronous programming - multiprocessing, multithreading, coroutines, etc. And Django uses most of them.
Since Django 3, we have the ability to create fully async non-blocking Django views that could handle thousands of requests concurrently.
In this talk, we'll focus on 2 key topics:
- The motivation and the decisions behind the Django async support
- Choosing the right tools to make our views async and efficient
This talk will cover:
- What is the difference between asynchrony and concurrency?
- Python and Django tools for asynchronous programming.
- Examples of efficient and inefficient "async" Django views.
- How does Django handle requests asyncronously - the path from
NGINXto the database
- How should we handle thread-blocking operations?
- A brief history and roadmap of Django's async support